Submerse the probe in tap water. This completes the circuit and activates the buzzer and light.
Water Level Measurements
- The probe zero measurement point is the tip of the needle in the center of the probe.
- Feed the tape into and out of the well. The light and buzzer activate when the zero point enters water. To ensure accuracy, lower and raise the probe a few times and then record the depth measurement from the tape at the top of the well.
- After the depth to water has been recorded, the tape should be carefully rewound onto the reel, the probe wiped dry.
- The probe, tape and reel can be cleaned with phosphate free (non-abrasive) detergent and warm water. Do not submerge the reel.
- Use of a carrying bag adds to the service life of the meter.
Probe Care and Cleaning
- The probe should be wiped clean after each use.
- Remove any dirt or water from around the central sensor pin.
- Check the probe seal/strain relief for any cracking or other damage.
Battery type - alkaline, 9 volt.
- The battery is housed in a convenient battery drawer located in the faceplate of the Water Level Meter.
- To replace the battery, simply press the drawer in, lift then pull.
- The battery drawer should slide out of the faceplate enough to pull it out.
- Note the polarity (positive (+) terminal should be towards the small notch in the end of the drawer) and place new battery in the drawer and slide it back into the faceplate.
|No sound when probe immersed in water.No sound when probe immersed in water.||Dead battery.||Replace with 9V Alkaline.|
|Disconnected wires on circuit board.||Check all connections inside hub of reel for loose/disconnected wires - solder or reconnect.|
|Broken wire in tape.||Locate break in tape - splice and seal, or replace. (Contact Spohr)|
|Disconnected wire inside probe.||Contact Spohr for instructions.|
|Instrument continuously sounds after being immersed in water.||Water in probe. Probe may be dirty which could interfere with the circuit connection.||Clean probe. Contact Spohr for instructions.|