Our Commitment to Providing the Best in Water Level Datalogging
NEW Levelogger 5 — the 5th generation Levelogger brings over 20 years of engineering and design experience with it. Everything about the new Levelogger 5 design focuses on providing high-quality water level data our customers can rely on, with all of the accuracy and ease of use expected from Solinst.
What You Can Expect
- Accurate and reliable temperature compensated water level data
- New optical communication interface with improved datalogger connectivity
- Durable double sealed construction using high-grade 316 stainless steel with PFAS Free corrosion-resistant coating
- Optimized high-speed optical communication interface with backwards compatible adaptors to work with 3rd and 4th generation Leveloggers
- Increased memory capacity and faster thermal response times
Forward & Backward Compatibility
- Adaptors connect new Leveloggers to your existing direct read cables and accessories
- Want to connect a previous model Levelogger to a new Solinst accessory? We have an adaptor for that too
The Levelogger 5 is a self contained water level datalogger, using infra-red data transfer powered by a 10 year lithium battery, offering the flexibility of installing by use of a Direct Read Cable, wireline or Kevlar cord. The Levelogger 5 has a memory capacity of 150,000 temperature and water level data points.
Levelogger Software Version 4.5, written to support the Levelogger 5, Levelogger 5 Junior, Levelogger 5 LTC, Rainlogger 5, and is backwards compatible to support the Levelogger Edge series. Version 4.5 offers many features, including the ability to barometrically compensate multiple Levelogger data files simultaneously.
What is a water level datalogger?
A water level datalogger is an instrument that automatically and continuously records fluctuations in water level. Water level data logs are stored in the datalogger's memory and can be downloaded using software, or can be collected by other means such as a smart device app, telemetry, or data acquisition system.
Many water level dataloggers use a pressure sensor to measure water pressure above the water level datalogger zero measurement point. Water pressure readings can then be converted to water level equivalent measurements. Solinst offers both absolute and vented (gauged) pressure sensor water level dataloggers. An absolute water level datalogger measures both water and atmospheric pressure; therefore water level data needs to be barometrically compensated. A vented water level datalogger is vented to the atmosphere and only measures water pressure.
Typically, water level dataloggers are programmed, stopped, started and set to record at a specific interval using a software program. Solinst water level dataloggers can be set to record water levels as often as 1/8 of a second. A water level datalogger is an alternative to using a water level meter, which requires personnel to manually measure and record water levels. As such, water level dataloggers are ideal for long-term, uninterrupted water level monitoring and for short-term hydrogeological studies that require a high frequency of water level recordings.
Solinst water level dataloggers also record water temperature; in addition, the Levelogger 5 LTC records conductivity. Solinst water level dataloggers are compact instruments and combine the pressure sensor, temperature sensor, conductivity sensor, memory, and long-lasting battery in one durable housing.
All-in-one water level dataloggers make deployment easy. Solinst provides the option of deploying via simple wireline/rope or using direct read cables to allow communication while the datalogger is installed and logging (vented water level loggers are deployed using vented communication cables). Water level dataloggers can be used to measure groundwater levels, as well as surface water levels in rivers, streams, lakes, oceans, etc.
Spohr Lightweight Water Level Meter
Spohr Lightweight Water Level Meters are designed for fast and reliable measurements of water levels in wells, boreholes, observation tubes, tanks, surface water, etc.
The Water Level Meters feature a compact, lightweight plastic reel and frame, making them easy to transport and use in the field.
3001 Levelogger 5 LTC
- Conductivity, water level and temperature datalogging
- Full range 0-80,000 S/cm
- Ideal for salinity and saltwater intrusion studies, tracer tests, agricultural and stormwater run-off monitoring
Levelogger 5 App Interface
- Creates a wireless connection between your Levelogger and smart device running the Solinst Levelogger App
- Program your Leveloggers to record, or view and save real-time readeings
- Download and view data collected by your Levelogger and e-mail it from your smart device