9) LevelSender 5 Setup Wizard
When connecting a new LevelSender 5, the LevelSender Setup Wizard will start automatically if the LevelSender Software is open, or click to start the Wizard.
- The LevelSender Setup Wizard first detects/retrieves the settings from the connected LevelSender. Click Next to continue the Setup.
- If using a cellular service provider other than Solinst, enter the SIM Card settings obtained. Settings for a LevelSender purchased with a Solinst SIM card are preprogrammed.
User Name, Password, and DNS may not be required if your carrier uses a public account.
- Setup the LevelSender email it will use to send data and receive remote updates. To enable the LevelSender station to receive remote updates from the Home Station, ensure you check Enable Remote Configuration.
Each LevelSender 5 must have a unique, dedicated email address. Solinst recommends creating a new email address for each LevelSender 5.
- Enter the data recipients, including the Home Station Email, email addresses, and SMS number. You can enter up to five email addresses and one SMS number.
Ensure you have added all required recipients, as you can only make changes to the list when the LevelSender 5 is connected to the PC.
- Enter the sampling and reporting rate, start time, number of dataloggers connected, optionally, set the connected dataloggers to record independently in their memories and enable the internal LevelSender barometer to compensate the reported water level readings.
Sampling Rate: the rate that the LevelSender station collects data from the connected datalogger(s).
Reporting Rate: the rate that the LevelSender station reports collected data via email/SMS. If enabled (in step 3), it also checks for remote updates from the Home station
- Optionally, set up alarm conditions for each attached datalogger.
- Diagnostic tests are automatically performed after you have entered all of the setup information.
When all the diagnostics tests are passed, click Start LevelSender to complete the setup of your LevelSender 5. It will start reporting at the set start time.