As with any monitoring project, you should select the proper equipment and determine a maintenance schedule based on the environment specific to your application.
Maintenance tips include:
- Inspect regularly, and replace the o-ring at the optical end of the Levelogger if damaged
- Clean the optical eye of the Levelogger with a clean, soft cloth or cotton swab
- Rinse the Levelogger body using a mild, non-residual, non-abrasive household cleaner
- Use a very soft-plastic bristled brush, if needed, to clean the Levelogger body
- Do not insert any object through the circulation holes at the sensor end of the Levelogger
- See the Levelogger User Guide Maintenance Section if simple household cleaners are not sufficient for certain issues, such as hard water build up
- Clean Levelogger 5 LTC conductivity sensor pins before calibration and before/after deployment—see the Solinst Levelogger User Guide
- Stop the Levelogger from recording before storing
- Store Leveloggers with the installation cap on and in the case they were originally provided in
- Store Leveloggers in above-freezing conditions
- Read our Technical Bulletin "Ensuring Proper Use and Maintenance of Leveloggers"
A Solinst Biofoul Screen can be used to protect the Levelogger 5 from biofouling on the pressure sensor, and the condictivity cell of a Levelogger 5 LTC.
All Leveloggers should be deployed and stored with the installation cap or L5 Direct Read Cable attached. This prevents unnecessary battery drainage and protects the optical eye.