- Get a depth to static water level reading within seconds
- No need to lower any equipment down the well/pipe
- Measures static water level to 600 m (2000 ft)
- Backed by a Solinst 3-year warranty
The Solinst Sonic Water Level Meter is a simple-to-use, handheld, portable unit. It consists of a Control Unit and connected Probe, and is supplied with a plastic cover for larger wells and a Solinst Field Bag. The Sonic Water Level Meter Probe transmits a sound wave into the well or pipe and measures the time for the pulse to return after contacting the water. Readings are shown on the clear LCD display on the Control Unit. The Sonic Water Level Meter allows the programming of parameters like well diameter, offsets, temperature, etc. Maximum and minimum detection ranges can also be set to ignore any interference from known well features or obstructions, and to narrow down the measurement range for obtaining the most accurate water level readings possible.
Where does the Sonic Water Level Meter work and how is it installed?
The Sonic Water Level Meter is designed to sit in the vent opening of a standard well cap, or the opening of a Solinst 2" Locking Well Cap. A reading is obtained within seconds of turning the Sonic Water Level Meter on. Larger diameter wells (over 10") or wells with large openings can limit sound wave detection, but with adjustments, accurate water level readings can be obtained. In the case of large diameter wells or boreholes, use a drop tube to the water. For wells with larger openings, the Solinst supplied plastic disc can be used to create a seal to contain the sound waves.
What applications are ideal for the Sonic Water Level Meter?
- The Sonic Water Level Meter is ideal for depth to static water level detection in any well, piezometer, sounding tube, or closed pipe
- Use the Sonic Water Level Meter in wells and boreholes that are difficult to access due to crooked pipes, narrow tubes, instrumentation, or other obstructions
- Sonic Water Level Meters are helpful when the annulus space between well casing and a pump is too small for other Water Level Meters
- Use in contaminated or corrosive environments where you do not want to lower equipment down well are ideal use cases for Sonic Water Level Meters
- Landfills, waste management sites, toxic or hazardous waste disposal sites, wastewater operations, mine tailings sites, mineral or oil and gas extraction projects, nuclear power sites, remediation projects, Brownfield sites, contaminated spill sites, leaking underground storage tanks, manufacturing or industrial waste dumps, over-fertilized agricultural areas, and fields with excessive pesticides.
- Sonic Water Level Meters are great when you don't have the time to decontaminate measurement equipment or your well
- If you want to obtain very quick depth to water level measurement to determine the placement of other instrumentation, the Solinst Sonic Water Level Meter is perfect