The Solinst AquaVent records accurate water level and temperature measurements in shallow groundwater and surface water applications. It combines pressure and temperature sensors, hydrophobic filters and datalogger within a 7/8" x 7" (22 mm x 178 mm) stainless steel housing.
The AquaVent uses a gauged pressure transducer; it is open to the atmosphere via a vented cable to surface. Atmospheric pressure is applied to the transducer diaphragm, providing a cancellation effect for barometric pressure. This results in actual water level recordings.
The vented cable and Solinst AquaVent logger are protected from moisture by built-in desiccants and hydrophobic filters.
The vented pressure transducer is made of Hastelloy®, making it extremely durable and accurate in a wide range of temperature and monitoring conditions. The sensor provides an accuracy of 0.05% FS, and can withstand 2 times overpressure without permanent damage.
The robust FRAM memory can hold up to 120,000 data sets when programmed in Solinst Levelogger® Software with a compressed linear sampling mode.
- Ideal for shallow applications: up to 65 ft (20 m) submergence
- Aquifer characterization: pumping tests, slug tests, etc.
- Stream gauging, lake and reservoir management
- Watershed, drainage basin and recharge monitoring
- Stormwater and runoff monitoring
- Long-term water level monitoring in wells and surface water
- Gauged pressure sensor for highly-accurate water level measurements: 0.05% FS
- Multiple built-in hydrophobic filters and desiccants – no need to replace, reduces maintenance
- Easy-to-access, user-replaceable batteries in Wellhead
- Options for MODBUS (RS-232/RS-485) and SDI-12
- Separate cables for each communication protocol
- Use with Solinst software for multiple logging options including linear, event, and scheduled sampling
- Automatic barometric compensation reduces time required for post data processing
- Integrate into a third-party data collection system for remote real-time data
- Continuous, reliable water level data for long-term monitoring projects
- Actual water level readings for instant aquifer test results